As you know, we believe that good nutrition can be yummy too, as this recipe and its choice of ingredients strongly testify. You’re welcome!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 150g of organic dark chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tsp dark cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g ground almonds (not too fine)
- 150-200g cold-pressed or virgin coconut oil
- 200g hazelnuts chopped into pieces
- 50g organic dark chocolate chips
100g of ripe bananas, stevia or brown castor sugar are all optional in the recipe.
You can also change the ingredient variants to include goji berries or raisins and you can also use cashews and brazil nuts instead of hazelnuts too. If you want to go for an even richer and sweeter taste, organic milk chocolate without the baking powder makes a delicious dessert.
Firstly, preheat oven to 180 degrees.
1. Gently heat 150g of chocolate on a low heat on the hob.
2. Whizz the rest of the ingredients (except the hazelnuts and dark choc chips) in a blender. Treat the almonds in the same way as it keeps them from going too smooth or into nut butter.
3. Add the melted chocolate into the mix.
4. Chop up the hazelnuts into pieces and add to the already blended mix. Do not blend further – just mix through with your spatula.
5. Pour into a tin (not too deep)
6. Bake for 20 minutes on 180 degrees. The mixture must not move on top when you give it a shake – then you’ll know it’s ready.
7. Let it cool and then cut into squares.
Swisse Me & Cacao
Our low-calorie snack recipe Start Me breakfast blend, Cocoa, made with cacao, really makes this tasty and nutritious ingredient the stand-out star as part of the breakfast squad range. See how it can help start your day the right way with all its cacao health benefits.